April 23rd, 2014
Twitter finally updated my profile to the new display format – several weeks after they upgraded my cat. Here’s an almost pointless blog post about what I like and dislike about the new profile design:
- Overall appearance: Like
- Massive font size for just certain tweets apparently selected at random: Dislike
- Front-end build details, particularly the way the profile photo slides up out of the way as you scroll down, to be replaced by the compact in-nav-bar version: Like
- Pinned tweets: Dislike (because it reduces the beautiful simplicity of Twitter… but I’ll probably use it to promote something)
- Not showing replies by default: Like
- Showing non-tweet-based activity in my timeline such as who I followed: Dislike (I think).
That’s it. You don’t care. Good.