February 6th, 2017
December 7th, 2016
New music – ‘Vespers’
October 1st, 2016
Not much access to the ‘studio’ (insofar as it is one) at the moment so this is just a sketch thrown together on the laptop. Mixed on headphones so it might not work so well on speakers.
April 12th, 2016
I’ve recently started dabbling with music again in my spare time. This is the first “finished” track with the new setup, that I’m reasonably happy with. Practice makes perfect, so more better stuff is on the way.
You can download a high quality MP3 version here on SoundCloud.
December 16th, 2014
Here’s a new track that I have produced. It started out in 2010 as a remix of Another Visitor (sticking with the Impossible Mission theme), but then it sat on a hard drive as an unfinished loop for four years. I finally grabbed a day recently to turn it into a more finished tune. I think this is better than the original; I’m much happier with the production but I definitely need some monitor speakers to get more control over the mixdown.
August 17th, 2014
I’ve put together a new ambient mix. It was recorded live and then tweaked in Ableton. The field recordings were captured with my ancient MZ-R50 MiniDisc recorder and a stereo mic.
It’s on both SoundCloud and Mixcloud:
- Firstperson – field recording: Stamford morning
- Stéphane Kerecki & John Taylor – La Source (intro)
- Firstperson – field recording: Wet London street 1
- Carroll Gibbons – The Night Is Young
- Brock Van Wey – Forever a Stranger
- Bill Evans – Spartacus Love Theme (sample, looped)
- Firstperson – field recording: Rain on plastic roof
- Tim Hecker – The Star Compass
- Firstperson – field recording: Market day
- Firstperson – microphone feedback experiment
- Hallgrimskirkja Motet Choir – Jón Leifs – Requiem, Op. 33b
- Firstperson – field recording: Wet London street 2
- Future Sound Of London – Photosynthesis
- Stephen Crow – Starquake, in-game sound effects (C64)
- Arthur Russell – Another Thought
- Spooky – Orange Coloured Liquid
- Nick Drake – Hazy Jane II